DevOpsChat Special Guest: Finbarr Joy
We are delighted that Finbarr Joy is joining us for this DevOpsChat ahead of his talk at Cloud and DevOps world on 15th June. You can see the questions for this DevOpsChat at the bottom of this page.
Finbarr is an international Technology executive, with an established record for transforming global organisational performance, developing innovative propositions, and creating agile business & technology operations. In addition to technology delivery, has led organisational design, business model re-engineering, mergers & acquisitions, customer services operations, and international outsourcing initiatives. He is also a Fellow of the BCS and of the Institute of Directors.
A conversation with Finbarr Joy about what organisational structure and cultures is needed to sucessfully implement DevOps, including:
- The need for and benefits of truely cross functional teams
- The importance of focussing on the end-to-end flow of work
- How to apply Lean Startup principles
- Challenges with creating cross-functional teams and how to tackle them
- Benefits for team motivation and personal growth
Questions for this DevOpsChat
- Are cross-functional teams essential for applying a DevOps approach?
- What mix of skills do you need to have on a cross functional team?
- What challenges can there be when setting up cross-functional teams?
- What benefits do you think people who work in cross-functional teams experience?
- Have you heard of Lean Startup and, if so, what do you think are some of the benefits of this approach?
- Do you think organisations will ever be able to have no separate IT function?