DevOpsChat Special Guest: Mark Phillips
We are delighted that Mark Phillips is joining us for this special edition of #DevOpsChat at the close of AnsibleFEST London 2017 on the 22nd June to discuss Automation Platforms. You can see the questions for this #DevOpsChat at the bottom of this page.
Mark Phillips is a Product Manager for Ansible by Red Hat. With over 20 years experience as an engineer and architect, he has built automated infrastructures at every level – from a handful of hosts for startups, to the tens of thousands in Investment Banks.
You don’t have to spend much time learning about DevOps before an automation platform is mentioned, be that Chef, Puppet, Salt Stack or Ansible. In this video interview Mark discusses what automation platforms can do, what are the differences between the platforms, why use them, considerations for roll out across the enterprise, how to get started and what the future holds for Ansible.
Questions for this DevOpsChat
- Are you using automation platforms currently; if so how, if not why not?
- Which platform are you using (would use) and why?
- What barriers have you experienced (expect to experience) to usage
- What is the typical scale and scope of usage; i.e., are you using them into production or do you stop at test, etc.
- Where do you see the most value in using automation platforms?
- How do you see automation platforms being used in the future?