The #DevOpsChat Twitter chat is where people from all over the world come together to discuss a wide range of topics related to DevOps.
We plan to hold 24 chats per year, on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of every month starting at 20:00 London time or 15:00 New York time. Click here to see the time in your location.
How To Participate
To join in the #DevOpsChat on Twitter all you need to do is the following:
- If you havenâ€™t already, create an account with Twitter and follow the @DevOpsStars account to receive regular updates about future chats
- For the chat itself you will need to follow the #DevOpsChat hashtag, as that is where all the questions and answers will appear. We find it is easiest to participate in a chat using TweetDeck which allows you to have a dedicated column showing all tweets mentioning #DevOpsChat
- We start each chat with a few minutes for everyone to introduce themselves
- Every week we have 6 different questions for people to answer. These are posted the day before on the Next Chat page of this site
- A new question is posted every 10 minutes during the hour of the chat
- To answer the question you will need to tweet your answer prefixed with A (for Answer) and the hashtag “#DevOpsChat” all within 140 characters. For example:
- Q3: Which practices have the greatest impact on successfully applying DevOps? #DevOpsChat
- A3: Continuous Delivery: this is what really sets DevOps apart from Agile #DevOpsChat
We are a global community and the written word can be misinterpreted so we request that you please:
- Be respectful.
- Be courteous.
- Try to be part of something bigger than yourself.
DevOpsChat is aiming to bring people together so that we can all share ideas and learn from each other but, most importantly, have fun at the same time!